There is an exciting schedule of trips and one-day excursions on tap in 2023 for members of the First Service Travelers.
An impressive collection of four extended trips and four one-day trips was announced at a special lunch for club members. The trips range from the Canadian Rockies to Branson.
First Service Travelers is designed for customers 50 years and older who have flexible schedules and enjoy travel, social events and unique experiences. The travel club’s mission to identify and plan travel and experiences from local events to international trips that will be engaging and fun for all members.
Ina Standridge has served as the director of the travel club since 2018. Marilyn Battles is the assistant director.
“We would love for you to join us on our next adventure,” said Ina. “We have some great trips planned with something for everyone.”
The number of club members who travel on a trip range from 30 to 50, according to Ina. The travelers enjoy wonderful sights and fun experiences, without having to worry about making arrangements for the trips.
“They also get to make new friends,” she said.
The first extended trip of the year for First Service Travelers is planned Thursday, April 13 to Wednesday, April 19, to Washington, D.C.
Club members will travel by motorcoach on this trip, which includes six nights lodging with four consecutive nights in the D.C. area. Ten meals are included – six breakfasts and four dinners.
- Two guided tours, which include war memorials, monuments, Capitol Hill, the Smithsonian, the Lincoln Memorial and more.
- Admission to the Museum of the Bible.
- Admission to George Washington’s Mount Vernon estate and garden.
- Tram ride through Arlington National Cemetery.
The price is $835 per person (double occupancy), with $75 due at registration. The deadline for final payment is Monday, Feb. 6.
Nashville Show Trip
First Service Travelers will head to Nashville, TN, on a trip planned Monday, June 5, through Friday, June 9.
Members will travel by motorcoach for four nights lodging in the Nashville area. The trip includes eight meals - four breakfasts and four dinners.
- Two shows - Grand Ole Opry and Nashville Nightlife Dinner Theater.
- Guided tours of Nashville and Belle Meade historic site and winery.
- Admission to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, the Grand Ole Opry Behind the Scenes Tour, Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, the Johnny Cash Museum and Patsy Cline Museum.
The price is $899 per person (double occupancy), with $75 due upon registering. Final payment is due Wednesday, March 29.
Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park
Ice fields, rushing waterfalls, glacial peaks and towering summits are just a few of the wonders awaiting First Service Travelers on a trip to the Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park planned Monday, July 10 to Sunday, July 16.
Get ready for an adventure that brings together the expanse of the prairies, the majesty of the Canadian Rockies, and Montana’s Glacier National Park.
- Roundtrip airfare from Little Rock (includes air taxes, fees/surcharges and hotel transfers).
- Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, a UNESCO World Heritage site and one of the world’s oldest, best preserved buffalo jumps.
- Ride aboard a Jammer (open-air touring car) during a visit to Glacier National Park.
- Journey along the unforgettable Icefields Parkway. Stop at Athabasca Glacier and choose to ride across this mass of glacier ice or take a walk on the glass bottom platform at the Glacier Skywalk. Explore Bow Falls and Surprise Corner.
- Visit the incomparable Lake Louise in Banff National Park in the Canadian Rockies.
The cost is $3,899 per person (double occupancy/includes airfare). A deposit of $698 per person plus $349 for insurance per person is due upon registration. Reservations are made on a first come, first served basis.
Reservations made after the deposit due date on Tuesday, Jan. 3, are based upon availability. Final payment is due Thursday, May 11. Deposits are refundable up until Tuesday, Jan. 10.
Lancaster and Philadelphia
A trip to Lancaster and Philadelphia in Pennsylvania is planned Saturday, Sept. 9 to Sunday, Sept. 17.
Club members will travel by motorcoach for eight nights of lodging, including four consecutive nights in the Lancaster area.
- Admission to the “Moses” show at the Sight & Sound Millennium Theatre and a show at the Magic & Wonder Theater.
- A guided tour of Philadelphia and Lancaster.
- A visit to the charming Kitchen Kettle Village.
- Admission to The Amish Experience and Jacob’s Choice at The F/X Theater.
The cost is $1,095 per person (double occupancy), with $75 due upon signing. Final payment is due Sunday, July 2.
Tuesday, May 16 – “Queen Esther”at the Sight & Sound Theatre in Branson, MO
Experience one of the most riveting Bible stories of the Old Testament as it comes to life with magnificent sets, special effects and live animals in this original stage production.
Breakfast is planned at Ferguson's Country Store and Restaurant near Leslie, with shopping at The Landing in Branson and lunch on your own.
The cost is $145 per person.
Monday, Aug. 14 – Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art and Fayetteville/Bentonville
In addition to the art museum, club members will enjoy lunch at Catfish Johns. The trip also includes a tour of The Walmart Museum.
The cost is $100 per person.
Tuesday, Oct. 17–Northwest Arkansas train trip from Van Buren to Winslow
This three-hour, 70-mile excursion takes you through the ruggedly beautiful Boston Mountain range of the Ozarks, over three valley trestles and through the 1,700-foot Winslow tunnel for some of the most breathtaking scenery in The Natural State.
Train departure is at 11 a.m. and a box lunch will be served.
The cost is $150 per person.
Tuesday, Dec. 12–Marlsgate Plantation at Scott
Travelers will tour the grounds, enjoy lunch and see beautiful Christmas decorations as they step into the living history and legacy that began in 1850 with the creation of the Marlsgate Plantation.
The cost is $130 per person.
Come and Join Us!
To participate in the travel club, customers are required to have a First Service Bank checking account and $5,000 or more in deposits.
For more information on the club and travel opportunities, call 501.514.2340 or visit firstservicebank.com/about/travelers.